Choose from 419 Fun Things to Do in Caribbean
- The only amenity here is the Arashi Beach Shack, serving snacks and drinks, located right off the parking lot.
- Bring your own snorkeling gear for safe, independent snorkeling right off the beach.
- Gentle currents and a shallow approach make Arashi a safe option for families with small kids.
- There are no restrooms on-site.
- Entry to the Amber Museum is free.
- An on-site shop sells genuine amber jewelry and the popular larimar jewelry.
- You can tour the museum with a guide or choose to explore independently.
- Because of steps up to the museum as well as between floors, the museum is not wheelchair accessible.
One of Saint Lucia’s most beautiful beaches, Anse Chastanet enjoys a prime location in a sheltered cove within sight of the distinctive peaks of the Pitons. Much of the immediate hinterland is taken up by the Anse Chastanet resort, a development in harmony with its surrounds which still allows public use of the beach.
There are few better places in the world for sipping on something fruity than the beach’s bar, right on the sand. The walk back to your hammock or thatched hut might very well be the only exercise you care to indulge in. But the crystalline waters aren’t just there for resting your eyes on as you recline; you’re just a stone’s throw from a reef known by divers the world over for its superb visibility and huge variety of coral and sea creatures. The dive center at the southern end of the beach is your gateway to this sub-aquatic paradise.
Anse Chastanet Beach & Reef is on Saint Lucia’s west coast, a short drive or manageable walk from the lovely bay town of Soufrière.
Arawak Cay is a fun stop for an afternoon snack or a delicious local dinner. And since the streets come alive at dusk, this waterfront spot is an ideal destination for a frosty beer or a strong sipping sundowner to round out the night.
- Cole Bay Hill is a great spot to catch a sunrise or sunset on St. Martin.
- Tours may include roundtrip hotel transfers, food and drinks, use of snorkeling equipment, towels, and guides. Check tours for specific details.
- Remember sun protection, swimwear, and water for hydration.
- Amber Cove is perfect for families, offering nearby attractions such as Ocean World Adventure Park.
- Don’t miss out on the many closeby beaches, including Cabarete Beach and Golden Beach.
- Most shore excursions include multiple stops, making it easier to do more in a short amount of time.
- Amber Cove shore excursions can last up to five hours, so plan accordingly.
- Services are held Tuesday evenings at 5:30pm.
- Outside the chapel lies the “peace labyrinth,” which is used by pilgrims for prayer and meditation; there is no right or wrong way to walk through the maze.
- Because the chapel is quite small, you may need to wait to enter if there are crowds.
Columbus Park is in Discovery Bay in the Parish of St. Ann, west of Ocho Rios along the A1 highway.