Choose from 178 Fun Things to Do in Thailand
- The Amphawa Floating Market is a must-do for travelers looking to get off the beaten path.
- Don’t forget to bring cash in small denominations if you plan to shop or eat at the market.
- Visit the market on a half- or full-day tour from Hua Hin.
- Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a hat, and drinking water.
- Doi Inthanon is a must-see for adventure travelers and nature lovers.
- Dress in layers; daytime temperatures in the park can be surprisingly cool.
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking on uneven surfaces.
- Most day tours from Chiang Mai include roundtrip transportation and lunch.
- Expect a full-day tour to last upwards of eight hours.
How to Get There
Due to illness, starvation and neglect, thousands of people lost their lives building the bridge and railway – you can visit the graves of nearly 7,000 POWs at the nearby Kanchanaburi War Cemetery. Parts of the original bridge are now displayed in the War Museum here. You can walk along the restored railway bridge on foot or take a train specifically for tourists.
The Bridge on the River Kwai is in Kanchanaburi about 80 miles (130 km) west of Bangkok. Tours often depart directly from Kanchanaburi or from Bangkok Noi Railway Station.
Ao Nang Beach is 22 kilometers (13.5 miles) west of Krabi. Ferries run from here to Koh Phi Phi, and minibuses run to Krabi.
Anyone can visit the public observatory on level 77. The view is amazing: you will see the various expressways and neighborhoods of Bangkok, the royal palace and the Chao Phraya River. During the day the view can be quite smoggy, so it's better to visit at night to see the city all lit up. For a classier experience head to the Roof Top Bar & Music Lounge and 360 degree revolving roof deck on the 83rd floor. The view is better but you'll either need to pay an admission fee or buy pricey drinks and dinner.
- Ang Thong National Marine Park is a must for nature lovers and adventure travelers.
- Choose between a group boat tour or a private excursion aboard a speedboat or luxury yacht.
- Full-day tours to Ang Thong from Koh Samui last upwards of eight hours.
- Don’t forget to bring swimwear, a towel, sunscreen, and a hat.
- Most tours provide water and snorkeling gear.
Designed using neo-classical renaissance style, the building was completed under the orders of King Rama V in 1915 with the help of two Italian architects. Beneath a large central dome the hall was used to house the first Thai Parliament after it was completed.
As a museum, the building now showcases several permanent exhibits featuring the works of national artists as well as handicrafts designed by students of the Chitralada Vocational Center. Guided tours are available on most days. Just be mindful that as a royal establishment, a strict dress code applies.
- Boats and ferries visit Phang Nga Bay from Krabi, Phuket, and the Phi Phi islands.
- See multiple highlights in one day on an island-hopping boat tour.
- Many tours include lunch or other refreshments.
- Remember to wear suitable footwear if you’re planning to take part in watersports.
- Pack your sunscreen: the sun is strong here.