Choose from 1 Fun Things to Do in Cleveland
ShowingFilter 1-1 of 1 listings.
For those who like to rock, Cleveland’s Rock & Roll Hall of Fame salutes you. A pilgrimage destination for music fans of all ages, the museum recognizes artists and musicians who have shaped music history since Cleveland DJ Alan Freed first coined the term “rock ‘n’ roll” in the early 1950s.
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame holds the largest collection of rock music artifacts in the world, and is the only museum solely dedicated to rock ‘n’ roll. Housed inside a huge glass pyramid on the Ohio banks of Lake Erie, the museum is organized in seven floors and five theaters that showcase the stories behind the music that most visitors have listened to throughout their lives.
Explore the instruments, stage costumes, original lyrics—written by hand—of some of your favorite artists, and more. There are exhibits on rock legends such as the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, and the Who, plus the evolution of rap, music videos, and more. A new Hall of Fame displays each inductee and lets fans sound off on their choices for future nominations.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is a must for music lovers visiting Cleveland.
- Note that some of the exhibits have mature themes and are not appropriate for young children.
- An on-site cafe offers gourmet coffee, meals and snacks.
- The facility is fully accessible to wheelchairs, with elevators, private restrooms, and reserved seating in the theaters.
- Tickets are available for purchase in advance. Discounts are available for seniors, local residents, military and first responders, college students, and children.
- A limited number of wheelchairs and strollers are available to rent for free at Visitor Services; motorized scooters are $10 per day. You can reserve one by calling in advance.
How to Get There
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is on the shores of Lake Erie in downtown Cleveland, next to the Cleveland Browns Stadium. Take the RTA Waterfront Line light-rail or the free NineTwelve Trolley to get to the museum. If you’re driving, paid parking is available in several nearby lots and garages.
When to Get There
The museum is generally open daily from 10am to 5:30pm or 9pm, but it has seasonal hours plus occasional closures for special events, so check the website or call ahead. To turn up the volume on your visit, plan to attend one of the many live performances that occur throughout the year.
The Road to Induction
Getting inducting into the Rock Hall is a serious process that involves collecting votes from more than 900 historians, music industry professionals, and current inductees. Since 2012, music fans have been allowed to weigh in by casting their votes, and the top five nominees chosen by the public form a ballot, which is then weighed the same with the rest.
Address: 1100 E 9th St, Cleveland, Ohio, USA 44114, USA
From $ 26