Choose from 17 Fun Things to Do in Gold Coast
- Springbrook National Park is ideal for outdoors lovers, hikers, and bird watchers, who will want to look out for the rare Albert’s lyrebird, found only at Springbrook.
- There is no entrance fee to enter the national park.
- A 4WD is recommended for driving in the park.
- The park has limited visitor facilities, so be sure to bring everything you need including comfortable shoes, sun or rain protection, food, and plenty of water.
A high-speed elevator zips visitors to the top of the SkyPoint Observation Deck, where clear glass walls make for perfect viewing on cloudless days. Whether it’s catching the bright pink sun dipping down to the horizon or witnessing the twinkling city lights flickering on after dark, views from the deck prove picture perfect any time of day.
- Onsite facilities and amenities include storage lockers, ATMs, free Wi-Fi, and a selection of shops and restaurants.
- Most of the park’s attractions are outdoors, so bring sun protection and wear comfortable clothing and footwear.
- Many rides and attractions are wheelchair accessible, and wheelchairs are available on site for free (advance reservations recommended).
- Temperatures in the summer can reach over 80°F (27°C), so don’t forget to pack a hat and sunscreen.
- Swim only in designated areas and when lifeguards are present, as the waves can be strong. Red and yellow flags indicate the beach is patrolled.
- Kurrawa Beach facilities include restrooms, changing facilities, beach showers, and parking.
- Kurrawa Park features an all-abilities playground and includes liberty swings, accessible sand pits, and wheelchair-accessible restrooms.
Queensland’s famous marine theme park, Sea World, is the main attraction of Southport, offering live shows and up-close encounters with seals, dolphins, penguins and polar bears, among other marine life and theme park rides.
Parkland spans along the calm sea inlet at Southport, making it a perfect place for families with young children, boating and fishing enthusiasts and those wanting to try some water sports. Take a picnic blanket, indulge in some fish and chips from the parkland foreshore and enjoy the crystal blue water views.
Southport’s Australia Fair shopping centre at the heart of the town’s retail and dining hub, and a short stroll from the coastal parklands. An Event Cinema is located in the Australia Fair complex.
Luxury hotels and apartment accommodation in Southport overlooks the Broadwater and Southport Spit, which is a popular location for music festivals in Queensland’s sunny summer.
- The walk should take less than an hour at a leisurely pace, including stopping at various points of interest.
- Visitors should wear comfortable flat-soled shoes.
- Facilities include a café, gift shop, restrooms, and parking.
- Only the first 984 feet (300 meters) of the walk is wheelchair accessible.
Adventure and excitement can be found at every turn. Thrill-seekers can get their hearts racing with any of the Big 9 Thrill Rides including Pandamonium, Tower of Terror II, The Claw and Tailspin. Little ones will enjoy fun-filled rides like Escape from Madagascar, Big Red Boat Ride or Dorothy's Rosy Tea Cup Ride.
Dreamworld is also home to Australian wildlife, including a huge population of koalas, while Bengal and Sumatran tigers rule at Tiger Island. And if you get hungry at any time during your exciting day, stop at any one of restaurants and cafes located throughout the park for a bite to eat!
Buses run here from Brisbane, 48 km (30 miles) away. You could also catch the train from Brisbane to Coomera, then catch the connecting bus.
- On-site facilities include paid storage lockers, ATMs, free Wi-Fi, and a selection of shops and restaurants.
- Most attractions are outdoors, so bring sun protection and wear comfortable clothing and footwear. Bring a towel and a change of clothes if taking part in any water-based activities.
- Many rides and attractions are wheelchair accessible, and wheelchairs are available on-site for free (advance reservations recommended).
- Minimum age requirements vary by activity from 4 to 14 years old.
Wet 'n' Wild is next to Warner Bros. Movie World, 50 km (31 miles) south of Brisbane, and just 20 km (12 miles) north of Surfers Paradise. Coaches and tours run here from Brisbane.
- Lamington National Park is a must-visit for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
- Wear sturdy shoes, especially if planning to hike around the park.
- It’s a good idea to bring sun protection, water, and insect repellant.
- Wi-Fi is available at the Green Mountains Information Center.
- Full-day tours can last upwards of nine hours, depending on the tour.