Choose from 6 Fun Things to Do in Ocho Rios
- Turtle Beach is suitable for everyone, and families with small kids will especially appreciate the shallow water.
- For a small entrance fee, you have access to the beach, changing rooms, and showers. Rental sunbeds, umbrellas, and lockers are extra. Bring cash.
- Small vendors serve simple truck-style food and drink. Alternatively bring your own snacks or picnic lunch.
- Most Ocho Rios shore excursions include round-trip transportation from the port.
- If you’d like to visit farther Jamaica destinations from Ocho Rios, such as Falmouth or Bob Marley's home at Nine Mile, expect a full-day tour.
- Booking a private tour ensures cruisers can make the most of their (often short) time in port.
- If Mystic Mountain closes due to inclement weather, tickets are not refundable but can be applied to another day.
- The Sky Explorer has no age or height restrictions, passengers on the bobsled must be 46 inches (117 centimeters) tall, and zipline participants must be 6 years of age.
- The Sky Explorer is the best option for those with physical limitations or who don't meet the height or weight restrictions of the other rides.
- Konoko Falls and Park is ideal for nature lovers and those looking for a deeper understanding of Jamaican cultural history.
- Remember to bring sun protection and water. If you would like to refresh yourself in the gentle cascades, bring swimwear and a towel, too.
- A wheelchair-friendly wooden walkway connects Ysassi’s Lookout Point, named after the last Spanish Governor of Jamaica, and the park’s cascade, Mahoe Falls.
- There’s an on-site boutique selling locally made crafts, a shaded courtyard café offering tasty lunches and locally grown coffee, and Columbus Cafe and Arawak Jerk Pit serving up delicious local specialties.
Puerto Seco is a long white-sand beach stretching off to palm trees in the distance, lapped by calm shallow water.
A beach hub for families, it's lined with snack bars and vendors hiring boats and skis. A waterslide and playground for the kids adds to the fun.
There are changing facilities at the beach, thatch huts for shade, food vendors and snorkel hire.
Puerto Seco Beach is right in the center of Discovery Bay, on the eastern side of the harbor, a 30 minute drive west of Ocho Rios.
White River Valley prides itself on its eco credentials, offering all manner of outdoor adventures.
The white limestone rocks give the White River its name, causing the water to tumble over rapids and forming tranquil lagoon pools for rafting.
You can go tubing or kayaking in the White River, or even saddle a horse for a ride along trails leading through tropical rainforest! Visit the landscaped Village of Flowers, and seek out the old Spanish Bridge dating back to the 1600s.
White River Valley is 7 miles (11 kilometers) inland from Ocho Rios, between the parishes of St. Mary and St. Ann. The river mouth is in Ocho Rios.